The strawberries are arriving from the Sacramento Valley. Bright red and delicious they often don’t make it past a day on the kitchen counter.
Should they make it past day one though I have several favorite recipes.
First, as my son chooses only the nicest berries, the neglected and bruise are trimmed and placed in a jar of water for fresh strawberry flavored water. A refreshing drink in the heat of the summer.
Next comes just a wonderful blended strawberry smoothie. It’s pretty basic and very easy.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Add the water and strawberries to the blender first.
- Then pour in the honey and lastly add the ice cubers.
- Blend on low and gradually move to high until everything is a red fruity liquid.
- Then blend on high for another 30 seconds to aerate.
- Enjoy your strawberry smoothie.
Feel free to bump this smoothie up. Add a scoop of Multi-Vitamin, Soy, Vitamin C or other Smoothie Essential Boost.
How about just a bowl of berries before yoga or the gym?
— . . — — . . — — . . — — . . — — . . — — . . — — . . —